Monday, June 28, 2010

So I realized, that the point of trying to write a book, is not to please others, but to please myself. I don't see how that is helping my writing process, or should i say processes! Writing when your in the mood doesn't always work, when you stop being in that mood... because then you've stopped writing. And the only thing that will restart it, is to be in that same mood. And then you move on, another book, another stop, another book, and it keeps on going. If I ever find time (and the right mood) to finish them, i suppose i will try and get them published. But hey, no one ever said it would be easy...well...they wouldn't if i knew anyone who could have the grounds to make that opinion. Writing a book, to me, is kind of like writing a blog, pour your heart out, stop and start, find inspiration, whine and worry, wonder who would read it, wonder why you started,... and for us underage's like me, wish you actually liked alcohol, and it was legal for you to drink it, so you could sit at your desk, with a big glass of red wine, and ponder. Ponder what exactly? and why red wine? Well for starters, you would ponder why on earth you decided to make a fourth main character that you are subconsciously basing off of yourself, and also, red wine, because, well I suppose it goes better with the taste of sleep deprivation and insanity then white wine, or hard liquor.

Have you ever written something at 1am? I don't see the difference between the twilight hours and the middle of the day. The walls don't crumble down around me and unleash insomniactic (i think) creativity. If delusions make for good books, then I am way too sane to be writing one. Well, i think about this sometimes, think about what would occur say, if my books all became popular teen novels. I suppose the money would be nice, and i don't think my stuff is THAT bad...well it probably wouldn't be if I had the level of concentration required to finish it.

So tonight I leave you with a question (go off with a bottle of Merlot and ponder it if you wish)
Would it be better to be rich? or intelligent? (relevance is unnecessary in my world)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment....or we'll find you.