Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Paolo

Paolo Nutini. Montreal. No relation? For me there is.

When I visited my brother, who is studying at McGill, in Montreal, me, my mother, and my sister, would walk down the streets and marvel at the serenity. It was November 2010, we were there for me and Katie's birthday (we're twins btw), and it was my first time seeing my brother's apartment (let alone my first time  in Montreal!). I have to say I have great memories of this amazing city. Now how does Paolo Nutini fit into this? Well during the trip, whenever I had spare time, in went my headphones and who would I listen to but Paolo Nutini (also James Morrison among others). You could say I was in a phase. It happens a lot.

Right now, you could say I was in a Glee/Darren Criss/AVPM/AVPS phase. I know it sounds big, but it's technically just a Darren Criss phase with other songs mixed in.

Some people think it's annoying but it is how i roll.

I don't know exactly why this is the post I am writing. But, I just listened to 'Someone Like You' by Adele and in parts of the song her voice kind of reminded me of Paolo Nutini, and hence the Paolo flashback nostalgia moment. Seriously after a phase I will get really tired of a certain artist or album so after my Paolo phase, whenever I clicked on one of his songs I quickly changed it, somehow it just wasn't good anymore. Now that doesn't mean I hate it forever, I just can't listen to it for a while. I know it sounds silly, but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who does it.

Well that's all for THAT subject.

Moving on. I am drinking coffee at 9:30pm (A breakfast blend no less) and that's probably not smart seeing as I have a fish dissection and an in-class Graphing Calculator assignment tomorrow (really fun btw Idkw), but I'll deal with the consequences later. It's even sadder seeing as just four hours ago I had coffee with my mom, and I'm using the same takeout cup to brew this cup.

Talking about coffee w/ my mom reminds me of an embarrassing moment that happened to me today. At school, during Morning Announcements I heard the announcement for our school's art show opening, I immediately texted my mom to ask if she wanted to go, seeing as we always do these artsy things together. We drove after school to the gallery and we were a bit early so we sat and talked in her car. It got to 5:15 when I realized no one else had showed up. Boy did I feel like an idiot when I used my mom's smartphone to check the time and realized it was next Wednesday not this one. Maybe it wasn't that dumb, but nevertheless I will make sure I double check dates before I go anywhere!

Seeing as I've left the coffee machine alone, without actually making my coffee (It's a Tassimo T-Disk Barcode System) I should probably go do that.

Have fun wherever you are, and to all EST peeps, goodnight!

-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment....or we'll find you.