Sunday, May 30, 2010

Night Owls and Circadian Rhythms

I am such an insomniac! Over the past few weeks I have been staying up so late and not being able to get to sleep at all. During the summer I wouldn't mind but right now it is terrible! I have finals coming up and I need to go to bed earlier, my dad brought me back these special glasses from his colleague to help me get some rest.

So apparently they block blue-light and that is also supposed to help people with ADHD so if I have that too then great! They affect an individual's circadian rhythm (What is that?) and spur melatonin release (the sleep hormone). When put on and worn two hours before sleep they increase the circadian rhythm to help you sleep. After a whole lot of scientific jargon, basically it means that by blocking blue light, you get sleepier then if you just turned off the lights.


Amazingggg... Well I haven't tried them so I am definitely going to and then I will post a review on them to show you guys if they work. They are fairly new and apparently they cost $40-$50 but I think my dad got them free from his friend (some scientist connection I guess) but if you think about what they promise it seems like a good enough price for me. I will test these out for a week and then I will review them, also I will use them during exam week and tell you if I thought it affected that, with all the stress and stuff. I'll see you later.


Jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment....or we'll find you.